East Torrens Payneham Lacrosse Club ("The Redwings") was founded in 1902 although it celebrated its centenary year in 1999. We have long been a respected force in Australian Lacrosse with our home base being Patterson Sports Ground at Payneham for approximately the last 40 years. Over the years we have captured many Premierships in all grades and codes of Lacrosse.
Most recently we competed in the 2016 Men’s State League Grand Final, our first in 30 years, unfortunately going down to Brighton 9-3.
In total, ETPLC has won 17 premierships, and have been runners up 24 times since our foundation. We also hold the enviable record gained in 1967, where we won premierships in all six men’s divisions in South Australia – a feat never achieved before, nor repeated since.
We have also had many representative players at State, National and International level.
the advertiser - 1899
A meeting was held at the Norwood Hotel on Mon- day evening to consider the advisableness of forming a lacrosse club in the district of East Torrens. Mr. M. C. Moore presided over a good attendance.
It was decided after discussion to form a club to be called the East Torrens Lacrosse Club, and to enter the South Australian Junior Lacrosse Association. Mr. H. J. M. Hooper was unanimously elected secretary of the club. The following were nomi- nated for office:—Patron, Sir E. T. Smith ; presi- dent, Mr. J. Henderson ; vice-presidents, Messrs. F. W. Coneybeer, M.P., John Darling, M. P., T. Graves, G. Auld, and J. W. Cowell, and Rev. P. R. P. Dodd ; captain, M. C. Moore ; vice-captain, H. E. Allen ; association delegate, Messrs. P. Evans and H. J. M. Moore ; selection and general committee, Messrs. Moore, Allen, and Hooper. The colors of the club were fixed as dark-blue jersey, with red sash, dark knickers, dark-blue stockings, and cap of red. Over 20 members have been enrolled, and a successful season is anticipated for the club.
Source: Trove Digitised Newspapers